Dr. Angelos M. Stergiou, MD is an entrepreneurial scientist and physician who founded SELLAS Life Sciences Group in 2012. He is now pioneering cancer vaccination research and working on a promising drug, known as the WT1 cancer vaccine (galinpepimut-S), that could save countless lives worldwide.
The lifelong dream of Dr. Angelos Stergiou has been to help others. In his own words, he has “always wanted to give back to humanity, and without clinical research, discovery and drug development, [the world] would not have new drugs.” By applying his personal passion for biotechnology to his expertise as a physician, Dr. Stergiou is fulfilling his dreams.
Also Read: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sellas-life-sciences-appoints-former-133000326.html
If you aspire to help people as a physician as well, and you exhibit traits like those touched on below, you might be in need of a career change…
- Patients and peers alike enjoy working with physicians who are straightforward about facts. Medical professionals require the ability to be forthcoming and honest, even when delivering bad news.
- Without passion, patients and fellow physicians are likely to assume that you do not care about your career as a medical professional. Ideal physicians should be passionate and enthusiastic about their lines of work, and about the health of all that they come into contact with.
Whether you would like to focus on biotechnology, as Dr. Angelos M. Stergiou does, or you would like to work as a family doctor in a small practice, your first step to beginning a career is to have passion for what you are doing.
Dr. Angelos M. Stergiou, MD, ScD h.c. founded SELLAS Life Sciences Group with Dr. Miltos K. Sugiultzoglu, a friend and colleague. Through the company, the two have pioneered the cancer vaccine industry with a strong team behind them and promising early-phase trials for SELLAS Life Sciences Group products.
The WT1 cancer vaccine has received media coverage, praising and examining its potential for cancer patients on multiple occasions, and it is currently the main focus of the company. When speaking about the vaccine in a 2016 interview with Kentucky Wesleyan College, Dr. Angelos Stergiou stated that “We are entering pivotal Phase 3 studies and have an exciting path ahead of us.” He then touched on his aspirations for the company, noting that his “eventual goal is to build SELLAS into a global immunotherapy company.”
The focus of SELLAS Life Sciences is on pioneering novel cancer therapeutics and on developing best-in-class approaches, aiming to improve the lives of patients with innovative treatments.
Visit http://www.slideshare.net/AngelosStergiou/angelos-stergiou-about-sellas-life-sciences-group to know more about him.
Dr. Angelos M. Stergiou, MD, ScD h.c. is a physician, scientist, entrepreneur, inventor and the Vice Chairman and CEO of SELLAS Life Sciences Group. He is presently working on a number of novel products through his company, the most notable of which is the WT1 cancer vaccine, and his goals of giving back to humanity are becoming reality.
If you, as many modern professionals are, find yourself inspired by the accomplishments of medical practitioners like Angelos Stergiou, medicine might be the right field for you. Reasons below are just some of the most common:
- Endless Opportunity. Upon graduation, medical professionals are met with a broad range of employment opportunities. You can select from the opportunities available or, if you see an untapped or unexplored field, you can combine existing areas of study to make your own. Over the course of your education, you will discover interests that will help you narrow your available options to select the most rewarding path.
- Helping Others. Professionals like Dr. Stergiou often enter medicine to help others, and they are not left wanting. In a 2016 interview about his career, Stergiou stated: “I have always wanted to give back to humanity.” Later in the interview, when touching on the success of his company and the potential of the WT1 cancer vaccine, he said: “The thirst to . . . get this approved, so we can potentially save lives, is breathtaking.”
The above quotes are just one of countless examples of medical professionals finding satisfaction in helping others. Pursuing such a career path could allow you to join their ranks.
Before you begin your career and follow the footsteps of professionals like Dr. Angelos M. Stergiou, take time to speak with universities, do more research and consider your motivations. Though a medical career is rewarding, you must be passionate to succeed.
Dr. Angelos M. Stergiou, MD is the Founder, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Vice Chairman of the SELLAS Life Sciences Group. Dr. Angelos Stergiou founded SELLAS Life Sciences with his friend and colleague, Dr. Miltos K. Sugiultzoglu, MD and, through their company, they partnered with Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and began furthering the development of the WT1 cancer vaccine.
Also within the company is the SVP, Chief Medical Officer, Nicholas Sarlos, MD, PhD, FACP; the Chief Regulatory Officer, Gregory M. Torre, PhD, JD; the Chief Operating Officer, Martin G. Baum; the Chief Financial Officer, William Pollett; the SVP and Head of Clinical Development, Anthony Williams, MBBS, Senior VP; the VP of Clinical Operations and Biostatistics, Laura M. Katz, MPH and the VP of Legal Affairs, David Moser.
To know more about the SELLAS Life Sciences Group, please checkout this link: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sellas-life-sciences-announces-positive-interim-phase-ii-results-from-its-wt1-immunotherapeutic-anti-cancer-treatment-in-multiple-myeloma-patients-300343924.html
Dr. Angelos M. Stergiou, MD, ScD h.c. has always wanted to change the world and give back to humanity. Through SELLAS Life Sciences Group, he is doing just that. SELLAS Life Sciences Group is a biopharmaceutical company that is behind some of today’s most promising cancer treatments – such as the WT1 cancer vaccine – and they are in position to save lives of cancer patients around the world.
If you would like to join visionaries like Dr. Angelos Stergiou in changing the world, biotechnology might be the perfect career for you. Using breakthrough technologies, developing new drugs to help humanity and pushing science forward are just some of the many perks.
Interested? The information below will help you get started:
- The education required for biotechnology careers varies, but most typically require a Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as biology or medicine, as a minimum and further doctoral degrees in Medicine, Science, Research as well as Business are of benefit.
- Job Market and Salary. The demand for biotechnologists, as of 2016, is expected to increase significantly over the next decade. Salaries vary widely, based on position and education and can range from $60,000 to very high salaries depending on executive position and size of companies.
Never assume that you can’t join today’s prominent minds in changing the world. In Dr. Angelos M. Stergiou’s own words: “Keep dreaming and keep on going. Make your dreams a reality, and after difficult times, always get back up.”
Dr. Angelos M. Stergiou, MD, is Founder, Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of SELLAS Life Sciences Group, a biopharmaceutical company that is pioneering the cancer vaccination field. The one that’s receiving the most attention is the WT1 cancer vaccine, galinpepimut-S.
In the Phase 2 clinical trial of the WT1 cancer vaccine, Dr. Angelos M. Stergiou, MD, ScD h.c. and the team at SELLAS Life Sciences Group celebrated promising results. If findings continue to follow the current pattern, the WT1 cancer vaccine could begin saving lives in the near future.
- The WT1 Vaccine. The National Cancer Institute has identified the WT1 antigen as the #1 target for immunotherapeutic treatment. This antigen is rarely found in healthy adult cells, but it is routinely found in cancerous tumors and even some cancer stem cells. By teaching the body to target the WT1 antigen, SELLAS Life Sciences Group’s vaccine effectively allows patients’ T cells to kill cancer from within.
The WT1 cancer vaccine could help fight as many as twenty types of cancer.
Also Checkout: http://www.slideshare.net/AngelosStergiou/angelos-stergiou-about-sellas-life-sciences-group
- Study Results. In the Phase 2 clinical trial, the WT1 cancer vaccine improved patient survival rate and lengthened periods of remission when compared to the control group. Though the vaccine is not yet ready for public use, as of 2016, upcoming trials and research offer exciting possibilities.
As CEO of SELLAS Life Sciences Group, Dr. Angelos M. Stergiou, MD, ScD h.c. Has given numerous presentations speaking about SELLAS Life Sciences Group’s WT1 cancer vaccine and, in a 2016 interview, he described the possibility of it helping patients in the near future as “breathtaking.”
Dr. Angelos M. Stergiou, MD is the Vice Chairman of SELLAS Life Sciences Group and an active member of the American Academy of Physicians in Research, the World Medical Association, the Association of Clinical Research Professionals and is also a Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine in the UK.
Get Connected with Dr. Angelos Stergiou through social channel: